2013 ANNUAL EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
The Purpose of this Annual EEO Public File Report is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following stations: WCAM(AM) and WPUB(FM), Camden, South Carolina and is required to be placed in the public inspection file of the stations and on their web site.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning July 31, 2012 to and including July 31, 2013 (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule Requires that this Report contain the following information:
1. A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
2. For each vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy(including if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
5. A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person or over the telephone.
With respect to items 1 through 4 above, the station employment unit had no full time hires or promotions during the period covered by this report, although one long-time employee’s compensation was changed from hourly plus commission to salary plus commission. With respect to item 5, the employment unit has undertaken several initiatives to broaden outreach efforts and awareness of job opportunities in the broadcasting industry. On March 22, 2013 Chris Johnson (General Manager) and Tiffany Flatt (Traffic Director) participated in the University of South Carolina School of Journalism and Mass Communications Job Fair providing career information to potential job seekers. Similarly on April 4, 2013, Chris Johnson (General Manager) and Tiffany Flatt (Traffic Director) represented that stations at the South Carolina Broadcasters Association Job Fair. On April 10, 2013 the employment unit sponsored along with S.C. Works (formally the S.C. Employment Security Commission) the job fair in Camden, S.C. The job fair was for individuals looking for employment in our area, the stations broadcast live and were looking for people interested in broadcasting and prospective interns. Chris Johnson (General Manager) and Tifany Flatt (Traffic Director) represented the stations. Similarly Chris Johnson (General Manager) represented the stations at the S.C. Works Job Fair in Sumter, S.C. We were looking for individuals interested in broadcasting and maybe internships.
During the period covered by this report two (2) students served as interns for our stations. Lugoff-Elgin High School student William Grant interned learning sports broadcasting and sports news reporting. University of South Carolina student Taylor Bingham served an internship with emphasis on news gathering and reporting and program production.